Tuesday, August 31, 2010

1950's Pin Up Month, Tip That Waitress!


OK so here's this months group post (just in time before the month is out).  I've been really busy lately doing character designs and illustrations so I really got into this, as it was something to draw for myself as apposed to drawing something for cash.  What the group is gonna do is, produce something for the blog (animation, design, storyboards, comic, collage, photo, anything) with a different theme for each month. This months theme was 1950 Pin Up Girls!

Mucked around a lot with a rake of poses tried all sorts of mega ambitious stuff, then yesterday that little nagging voice in the back of my head got really angry, bet the ambitiousness out of me and reminded me to keep it simple.  So I lashed out a few quick poses, I really liked the flow of this one (hence I called the girl Flo) so i stuck with it, cleaned it up and coloured it.  Originally I was just planing to do a Black and White but I haven't drawn anything for myself in ages so I sorta just let myself get carried away and have some fun.  And I'm pretty happy with this considerin I'm so stuck for time lately.
 
This was the first time our group tried something like this, Let's hope it continues.  Here's some links to the others in the group so you can check out their pieces
http://nicholakehoe.blogspot.com/
http://danielspencer.ie/blog/
http://haydenbrian.blogspot.com/
http://sunnysully.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Superhilbo! said...

About time Ben!!! Love it.

Giant said...

looking hot ben!

Leeann H said...

Kewl! Like an Ecletic Micks... thing, but with a theme!

... can you link to my blog too? <:3

Bennessy said...

Thanks a mill! yep consider urself linked up Leeann!

Mansloth said...

Class stuff bro, mightily impressed by your monthly Flo.

Graham Holbrook said...

nice man, really nice (insert expected inappropriate comment here)

Bennessy said...

hahahaha, cheers lads. i dont think i cud say anything that cud top that... nope i got nothing

Brian Hayden said...

Yep she'd get it.
The line work is perfect..Outstanding stuff

Bennessy said...

cheers Brian! maybe someday u'll get 2 b the guy who gives it 2 her

Unknown said...

Looking great!

Unknown said...

Looking great!